Re: Ctrl+C from sh can shut down daemonized PostgreSQL cluster - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Ctrl+C from sh can shut down daemonized PostgreSQL cluster
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 12:25:33PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> > On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 10:38:29AM +0100, Bjorn Munch wrote:
> >> What Solaris version, and what version of sh?  sh on Solaris isn't
> >> necessarily the "real" bourne shell. In Solaris 11 it's actually
> >> ksh93.
>
> > This was Solaris 9.
>
> Isn't that out of support by Oracle?

It certainly might be --- I have no idea.  What surprised me is that we
are relying solely on system() to block signals to pg_ctl-spawned
servers.  The question is whether that is sufficient and whether we
should be doing more.  I don't think we have to make adjustments just
for Solaris 9.

http://enterprisedb.com
 + Everyone has their own god. +