Re: Auto-tuning work_mem and maintenance_work_mem - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Auto-tuning work_mem and maintenance_work_mem
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On 2014-02-17 12:23:58 -0500, Robert Haas wrote:
>> I think you may be out-voted.

> I realize that, but I didn't want to let the "I don't think anyone
> objected" stand :)

FWIW, I think we need to be pretty gradual about this sort of thing,
because push-back from the field is the only way to know if we've gone
too far for average users.  I'm OK with raising work_mem 4X in one go,
but I'd complain if it were 10X, or if we were also raising other
resource consumption limits in the same release.