Connecting to Postgresql from PowerBuilder 9.0 using OLE-DB - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From victor@maintstar.com
Subject Connecting to Postgresql from PowerBuilder 9.0 using OLE-DB
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Hi,
I need to connect to Postgresql using PowerBuilder 9.0.

Using OLE-DB:
On Windows XP, in PowerBuilder 9.0, use the Database Painter and try to connect as follows:

// Profile PGOLEDB
SQLCA.DBMS = "OLE DB"
SQLCA.LogPass = <******>
SQLCA.LogId = "sierra"
SQLCA.AutoCommit = False
SQLCA.DBParm = "PROVIDER='PostgreSQL Native Provider (BI Alias)',DATASOURCE='localhost',PROVIDERSTRING='InitialCatalog='SierraOne''"

On the Preview tab, click the "Test Connection" button.

It blows up with:
"pb90.exe - Entry Point Not Found"
"The procedure entry point InitializeCriticalSectionEx could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll."

Any suggestions?  All my users are on Windows XP.

I did a Google search, and found there was a bug in Visual Studio 2012 which caused this issue.

I am using pgAdmin 1.16.1 and PostgreSQL 9.2

Sincerely,

Victor Reinhart