Re: postgresql.org inconsistent (Re: PG replication across DataCenters) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Wolfgang Keller
Subject Re: postgresql.org inconsistent (Re: PG replication across DataCenters)
Date
Re: postgresql.org inconsistent (Re: PG replication across DataCenters)  (Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
> >> postgresql-xc is not postgresql, its a fork.
>
> > It would at least merit being mentioned in the doc, just like other
> > "forks" or whatever you may call it, as long as they're open-source.
>
> You seem to not realize how many forks of Postgres there are.

I had mentioned just one.

And that one does not only fill in a functionality gap that is pretty
important when it comes to competition/advocacy vs. e.g. that database
with the capital "O", but it is also mentioned already on
postgresql.org.

Honestly, don't try to tell me that the majority of the developers
working on PostgreSQL are not aware of PostgreSQL-XC.

> There's no way that we can even track them all, let alone cater
> for them in our documentation.

Just putting one single URL into the doc instead of the misleading
statement that there's no such thing should have been less work than
replying to me.

>;->

Disclaimer: I have nothing to do with PostgreSQL-XC, I don't even use
it myself, I just happen to know that it exists, even though I am just a
"casual" user of PostgreSQL.

Sincerely,

Wolfgang