Re: Errors on missing pg_subtrans/ files with 9.3 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Errors on missing pg_subtrans/ files with 9.3
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Andres Freund escribió:

> > Let me point out that this is exactly the same code that would be
> > affected by my proposed fix for #8434, which would have this check the
> > updateXid in all cases, not only in KEYS_UPDATED as currently.
>
> Hm. I don't see a patch in any of the mails about #8434 although I seem
> to remember talking with you about one. Maybe that was on IM?

Ah, yeah, that's possible.  The patch I proposed back then is attached
here.  I haven't merged this to latest master; this applies cleanly on
top of 16a906f5350

> > I don't understand your comment about "can't check for committed".  I
> > mean, if the updating transaction committed, then we need to return
> > failure to caller, HeapTupleUpdated.
>
> I mean that in the !KEYS_UPDATED case we don't need to abort if we're
> only acquiring a key share...

Hm, I think that's correct -- we don't need to abort.  But we still need
to wait until the updater completes.  So this proposed patch is not the
full story.

Attachment