Re: [GENERAL] pg_upgrade ?deficiency - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: [GENERAL] pg_upgrade ?deficiency
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2013-11-22 13:34:18 -0800, Kevin Grittner wrote:
> I changed my postgres database to default to read only (which is
> not insane, given that I've seen so many people accidentally run
> DDL there rather than in the database they intended)

FWIW, I am less than convinced that it is correct for pg_dump[all] to
emit SET default_transaction_readonly = off; The user might explicitly
have set that to prevent against somebody restoring into the wrong
database or somesuch. Why is it our business to override such decisions?

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services