Re: better atomics - v0.2 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: better atomics - v0.2
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2013-11-19 10:37:35 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> > The only animal we have that doesn't support quiet inlines today is
> > HP-UX/ac++, and I think - as in patch 1 in the series - we might be able
> > to simply suppress the warning there.
>
> Or just not worry about it, if it's only a warning?  Or does the warning
> mean code bloat (lots of useless copies of the inline function)?

I honestly have no idea whether it causes code bloat - I'd be surprised
if it did since it detects that they are unused, but I cannot rule it
out entirely.
The suggested patch - untested since I have no access to HP-UX - just
adds +W2177 to the compiler's commandline in template/hpux which
supposedly suppressed that warning.

I think removing the quiet inline test is a good idea, but that doesn't
preclude fixing the warnings at the same time.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services