Re: logical changeset generation v6.5 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: logical changeset generation v6.5
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2013-11-09 17:36:49 -0500, Steve Singer wrote:
> On 11/05/2013 10:21 AM, Andres Freund wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >Attached to this mail and in the xlog-decoding-rebasing-remapping branch
> >in my git[1] repository you can find the next version of the patchset that:
> >* Fixes full table rewrites of catalog tables using the method Robert
> >   prefers (which is to log rewrite mappings to disk)
> >* Extract the REPLICA IDENTITY as configured with ALTER TABLE for the
> >   old tuple for UPDATEs and DELETEs
> >* Much better support for synchronous replication
> >* Better resource cleanup (as in we need less local WAL available)
> >* Lots of smaller fixes
> >The change around REPLICA IDENTITY is *incompatible* to older output
> >plugins since we now log tuples using the table's TupleDesc, not the
>
> My updated plugin is getting rows with
> change->tp.oldtuple as NULL on updates either with the default PRIMARY KEY
> identify or with a  FULL identity.
>
> When I try the test_decoding plugin on UPDATE I get rows like:
>
> table "do_inventory": UPDATE: ii_id[int8]:251 ii_in_stock[int8]:1
> ii_reserved[int8]:144 ii_total_sold[int8]:911
>
> which I think is only data from the new tuple.    The lack of "old-key" in
> the output makes me think the test decoding plugin also isn't getting the
> old tuple.
>
> (This is with your patch-set rebased ontop of
> ac4ab97ec05ea900db0f14d428cae2e79832e02d which includes the patches Robert
> committed the other day, I can't rule out that I didn't break something in
> the rebase).

I've pushed an updated tree to git, that contains that

http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=users/andresfreund/postgres.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/xlog-decoding-rebasing-remapping
git://git.postgresql.org/git/users/andresfreund/postgres.git

and some more fixes. I'll send out an email with details sometime soon.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services