Re: Fix Windows socket error checking for MinGW - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Noah Misch
Subject Re: Fix Windows socket error checking for MinGW
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Aug 17, 2013 at 02:04:24PM -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>> On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 06:56:45PM -0500, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
>>> +#ifndef WIN32
>>>           if (SOCK_ERRNO == EWOULDBLOCK)
>>> +#else
>>> +        if (SOCK_ERRNO == WSAEWOULDBLOCK)
>>> +#endif

> We don't seem to have a problem with this on native builds, only on
> cross-compiles AFAIK (see buildfarm for proof). The native mingw-w64
> build works just fine. So my first question is going to be why is the
> cross-compile different?

One of the reports Michael cited was apparently "native":
http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/E1UcLPd-0000L4-TI@wrigleys.postgresql.org

Perhaps only some versions of w32api trigger the problem.  I agree we ought to
understand the necessary conditions before proceeding.

--
Noah Misch
EnterpriseDB                                 http://www.enterprisedb.com