Re: Proposal for XML Schema Validation - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Noah Misch
Subject Re: Proposal for XML Schema Validation
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Aug 08, 2013 at 04:42:11AM +0000, Kodamasimham Pridhvi (MT2012066) wrote:
>     With reference to "Add XML Schema validation and xmlvalidate functions (SQL:2008)" in ToDo list, we have gone
throughpgsql-mailing list  but we didn't find any significant work in this area, so we are proposing our own model for
xmlschema validation . please kindly go through it and let us know how can we improve it.Please find the attached
proposaldocument.

Note that PostgreSQL 8.3 had xmlvalidate() for a time; commit
3bf822c4d722d6245a65abdd2502a9d26ab990d5 removed it due to security problems.
A new implementation (or revamp of the old) must avoid reintroducing those
vulnerabilities.  Similar considerations apply to XML Schema.

--
Noah Misch
EnterpriseDB                                 http://www.enterprisedb.com