Re: value from max row in group by - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Gary Stainburn
Subject Re: value from max row in group by
Date
List pgsql-sql
As usual, once I've asked the question, I find the answer myself.

However, it *feels* like there should be a more efficient way. Can anyone
comment or suggest a better method?

timetable=> select stts_id, stts_offset+stts_duration as total_duration
timetable-> from standard_trip_sections
timetable-> where (stts_id, stts_offset) in
timetable-> (select stts_id, max(stts_offset) from standard_trip_sections
group by stts_id);stts_id | total_duration
---------+----------------      1 | 01:35:00      2 | 01:35:00      3 | 01:08:00      4 | 01:38:00      5 | 01:03:00
 6 | 01:06:00

(6 rows)

timetable=>