Re: Adding PgLife link - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Adding PgLife link
Date
List pgsql-www
On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 07:48:55AM -0700, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Simon, there are three problems with this.
>
> 1. Bruce would problem spend all his time extending it using sh. Do
> you really want to come along behind him and maintain that?
>
> 2. Bruce can do whatever the hell he wants and he has zero
> responsibility to put his open source efforts behind .Org.
>
> 3. #2 isn't even relevant because he was extending .Org. He brought
> something fun and useful to the community.
>
> > If we discussed this without knowing who the person proposing this
> > was, it would never be allowed.
>
> If this is true so what? Some people within the community are
> listened to a little longer and given a little more leeway
> because... guess what, meritocracy.

For the curious, I have created a tarball of the Perl code and Procmail
rules:
http://momjian.us/expire/pglife-1.0.tgz

The Javascript code is here:
http://pglife.momjian.us/js/ajax/

There is also some use of Apache cache expire settings and SSI features.

(I realize PgLife shows an EnterpriseDB "News" item, but that is what Google
returns without any search history.  Before this, it was 2nd Quadrant's
carrier-grade support announcement.)

http://enterprisedb.com