Re: Running pgindent - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: Running pgindent
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 03:51:30PM -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> > I spent quite a lot of time trying to make the tool behave the same
> > as the old script.
>
> Yes, and I believe we tested running the Perl version to make sure it
> was the same, so the changes we are seeing are just normal (unfortunate)
> adjustments by pgindent.

Fair enough, thanks for the efforts and for looking into it, apologies
for my complaining.

If no one objects, I'm going to review the conditional statements and
similar lines which could be split out on to multiple lines instead of
being squeezed closer to the left edge and not lined up properly.  Then
I'll try and get pgindent running locally.  If I can get that happening
and it doesn't want to further change the modifications that I make,
then I'll commit those cleanups.  This will only be for changes made
during this latest pgindent run and only against master- I don't want to
create any more code churn beyond what's already being impacted.
Thanks,
    Stephen