Re: Running pgindent - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Running pgindent
Date
Re: Running pgindent  (Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 03:51:30PM -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> On 05/29/2013 11:41 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >>Please don't.  I'm already rather concerned by this one.  It looks like
> >>there's a rule to pull a line in to meet the max-column requirement even
> >>when that makes things line up 'funny', eg:
> >I did a comparison of the parameters passed to BSD indent, and Andrew
> >did accurately transfer all the flags, so I am a little confused why
> >there is such a difference, as BSD indent has not changed.
>
> I spent quite a lot of time trying to make the tool behave the same
> as the old script.

Yes, and I believe we tested running the Perl version to make sure it
was the same, so the changes we are seeing are just normal (unfortunate)
adjustments by pgindent.

http://enterprisedb.com