Re: pg_ctl -D "/absolute/path" -m fast restart - doesn't work in some cases - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From hubert depesz lubaczewski
Subject Re: pg_ctl -D "/absolute/path" -m fast restart - doesn't work in some cases
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On czw, maj 16, 2013 at 05:55:54 -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> > > only when Pg is started with relative path, and restarted with absolute, the
> > > problem shows.
> > It has been a nuisance for me too. Possible patch for pg_ctl is in the next CF:
> >   http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAK3UJRFK8-izAU1SMpNZr5Muc+6CRWBk0_7ByJnwUoapj3esFQ@mail.gmail.com
> Um, if this is a bug introduced during the 9.3 timeframe surely we
> ought to fix it now instead of waiting for the CF.

Apparently not. Retried with 9.1.9, and got exactly same result:

=$ pg_ctl -D q -l logfile start
server starting

=$ cd q

=$ pg_ctl -D $( pwd ) -m fast restart
waiting for server to shut down.... done
server stopped
server starting
postgres cannot access the server configuration file "/home/depesz/q/q/postgresql.conf": No such file or directory

Best regards,

depesz