Re: missing event trigger support functions in 9.3 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: missing event trigger support functions in 9.3
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Darren Duncan wrote:
> On 2013.05.09 10:40 AM, Pavel Stehule wrote:
> >I am writing a article about 9.3. I found so event trigger functions is not
> >complete. We have only pg_event_trigger_dropped_objects() function. It looks
> >really strange and asymmetric. Can we implement similar function for CREATE as
> >minimum to 9.3?
> >
> >I am expecting so this function should not be too complex - and can be moved to
> >contrib maybe (if it is too late now).
>
> Really, the touted new event triggers feature in fact only works for
> dropping objects rather than for all DDL or other events?

It works for all DDL.  It provides complete information for drops, not
other kinds of commands.  This will be expanded later.

> If so, then the feature seems seriously incomplete.

Feel free to contribute during the 9.4 development cycle.

Your appreciation for the work that already went into this feature is
duly noted.

> Are drops the main expected use case for the feature, rather than
> "tell me when something happened"?

No.  It was what we had time to implement.