Re: missing event trigger support functions in 9.3 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Darren Duncan
Subject Re: missing event trigger support functions in 9.3
Date
Re: missing event trigger support functions in 9.3  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 2013.05.09 10:40 AM, Pavel Stehule wrote:
> I am writing a article about 9.3. I found so event trigger functions is not
> complete. We have only pg_event_trigger_dropped_objects() function. It looks
> really strange and asymmetric. Can we implement similar function for CREATE as
> minimum to 9.3?
>
> I am expecting so this function should not be too complex - and can be moved to
> contrib maybe (if it is too late now).

Really, the touted new event triggers feature in fact only works for dropping
objects rather than for all DDL or other events?  If so, then the feature seems
seriously incomplete.  Are drops the main expected use case for the feature,
rather than "tell me when something happened"? -- Darren Duncan