Re: missing event trigger support functions in 9.3 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dimitri Fontaine
Subject Re: missing event trigger support functions in 9.3
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Darren Duncan <darren@darrenduncan.net> writes:
> On 2013.05.09 10:40 AM, Pavel Stehule wrote:
>> I am expecting so this function should not be too complex - and can be moved to
>> contrib maybe (if it is too late now).

My understanding is that it's too late even for contrib now.

> Really, the touted new event triggers feature in fact only works for
> dropping objects rather than for all DDL or other events?  If so, then the
> feature seems seriously incomplete.  Are drops the main expected use case
> for the feature, rather than "tell me when something happened"?

The feature is seriously incomplete in 9.3, though not in the way you
describe here. To simplify things, please consider that all we have now
is code infrastructure so that we can make progress in the next
releases. Maybe.

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine