Re: Heroku early upgrade is raising serious questions - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: Heroku early upgrade is raising serious questions
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
* Selena Deckelmann (selena@chesnok.com) wrote:
> Another important aspect of PostgreSQL is that we are a collective, rather
> than a company. We don't have, for example, a legal entity of record that
> could legitimately accept NDAs on behalf of our developers. (More than one
> vendor brought up "sign an NDA" as a way to get early access, and that's
> not a reasonable option for adding people to pgsql-security or
> pgsql-packagers.)

I wouldn't encourage this- but we do have a legal entity through SPI.
Were we, as a community, open to using 'signed an NDA' as sufficient
trust, using SPI as the entity could work.  To be honest, I don't think
that we, collectively, feel that a signed NDA is sufficient.

    Thanks,

        Stephen

Attachment