Re: Heroku early upgrade is raising serious questions - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: Heroku early upgrade is raising serious questions
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
* Andres Freund (andres@2ndquadrant.com) wrote:
> Also, it changes how privileged the people that get access to the
> vulnerability are. If they are allowed to install at the same time as
> everyone else its somewhat fair game, otherwise there will be people
> making a marketing distinction out of their privileged access.

I do not consider this a game where everyone should be treated 'fairly'
wrt their exposure to attackers.  I would be open to including something
in the policy which discourages members from advertising their
membership as a marketing distinction, but I'm not convinced that it's
necessary.

    Thanks,

        Stephen

Attachment