Re: A new JDBC driver... - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Jukka Ruohonen
Subject Re: A new JDBC driver...
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 08:11:55PM +0200, Mikko Tiihonen wrote:
> I think using 3rd party dependencies is the proper way to go forward
> instead of reimplementing all required functionalities in every JDBC driver.
> That is not to say that the required dependencies should be kept to minimum.

Two cents: it troubles me always when I hear this reasoning because the
external dependencies still increase the maintenance costs, no matter how
well managed. For instance, for JDBC/DB stuff, many people care (or are
mandated to care) about security and the associated maintenance.

- Jukka.