Re: Permission for relationship but not for select is possible? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: Permission for relationship but not for select is possible?
Date
List pgsql-general
Edson Richter wrote:

> I would like to have two schemas:
>
> MyDB.sales
> MyDB.security
>
> Users that have rights in sales schema should be able to
> select/insert/update/delete. The same users must have rights to check
> foreign keys against users table (but they are now allowed to execute
> select on this table).
> Is that possible?

Yes.

It's pretty straightforward. You don't need permissions on a related
table for the constraints to be enforced.

> Can you help me to find relevant page in manuals for 9.1 or 9.2?

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/static/sql-createtable.html
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/static/sql-grant.html
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/static/sql-revoke.html

-Kevin