Re: Large number of rows in pg_type and slow gui (pgadmin) refresh - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: Large number of rows in pg_type and slow gui (pgadmin) refresh
Date
List pgsql-general
Igor Neyman wrote:
> Thomas Kellerer wrote:

>> Why do you need so many types?

> Probably those are not the types Robert created explicitly.
> There must be lots of tables/views (m.b. lots of partitions) in
> the database. Every table/view adds couple records to pg_type:
> one type for table/view record and one type the set (array) of
> table/view records.

Also, I think use of domains can help make a database more
self-documenting and aid in integrity enforcement, and it's not too
hard to get to a few thousand of those in a complex database.

Anyway, for problems with pgadmin, your best bet would be to post
to the pgadmin-support list.

-Kevin