Re: Fwd: race in pg_ctl start -w - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Fwd: race in pg_ctl start -w
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Dave Vitek wrote:

> Heikki,
>=20
> It's happy about the overruns.  It did flag an issue where the file
> descriptor can leak when the various early returns get taken.

This is a common problem with static analysers; they don't realise we
don't care about the leaked resource because the program is shortly
going to terminate anyway.  We (used to?) have plenty of false positives
in initdb as reported in the Coverity scanner, for example.

--=20
=C1lvaro Herrera                http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/