Re: Draft release notes complete - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: Draft release notes complete
Date
Re: Draft release notes complete  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
> > How often do you want? After all,
> > <http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/index.html> is
> > presumably going to keep pointing to where it now points.
>
> Well, the old code checked every five minutes, and it rebuilt in 4
> minutes, so there was a max of 10 minutes delay.

I'm a bit mystified why we build them far *more* often than necessary..
Do we really commit documentation updates more than 6 times per day?
Wouldn't it be reasonably straight-forward to set up a commit-hook that
either kicks off a build itself, drops a file marker some place to
signal a cron job to do it, or something similar?

Have to agree with Bruce on this one, for my part.  I wonder if the
change to delay the crons was due to lack of proper locking or
tracking, or perhaps a lack of a filter for just changes which would
impact the documentation..
Thanks,
    Stephen