Re: BUG #6733: All Tables Empty After pg_upgrade (PG 9.2.0 beta 2) - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: BUG #6733: All Tables Empty After pg_upgrade (PG 9.2.0 beta 2)
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 05:41:05PM -0700, Mike Wilson wrote:
> Given the stack trace previously supplied and that the pg_upgrade from 9.1.4
> does actually complete successfully can you recommend how I might continue to
> diagnose the issue myself?  Since the 9.1.4 version of pg_upgrade did work I've
> started to look at the source for pg_upgrade in an attempt to see if the 9.1.4
> version of the tool could be used instead of the 9.2.0 version. Due to the # of
> differences in the pg_upgrade source though a port seems unlikely.
>
> Can I get the git version string of the PG source you used for the version of
> the source that you tested with?  I'd like to make sure that I'm using the same
> version as your successful test.  Thanks.

I am using git head for testing.  Tom sees a few things odd in
load_directory() that might be causing some problems on Solaris, and
this is new code for 9.2 for Solaris, so that might explain it.  I think
we need Tom to finish and then if you can grab our git source and test
that, it would be great!