Re: Improving our clauseless-join heuristics - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: Improving our clauseless-join heuristics
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Robert,

> I'm a bit worried, though, that with all the planner changes this
> release we are going to spend a lot of time tracking down regressions
> either in planning time or in plan quality.

I dunno, I agree that there will likely be more regressions, but I
also think people might be happier with more changes in release 'X' than
some changes in X and then some more in Y, both of which end up
destablizing their environment, particularly if we advertise that 'X'
has lots of changes and that people should test it thoroughly..

My feeling is that this would be good to include in 9.2, but I could be
swayed either way- I certainly agree with the sentiment that it's
getting to a pretty late date.
Thanks,
    Stephen