Re: VALID UNTIL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Fetter
Subject Re: VALID UNTIL
Date
Re: VALID UNTIL  (Fabrízio de Royes Mello <fabriziomello@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 11:20:05AM -0300, Euler Taveira de Oliveira wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a hard time figuring out why my replication stopped with a message like
>
> FATAL:  password authentication failed for user "foo"
>
> in the logs. I thought it was some pg_hba.conf change, a pgpass modification,
> or NOLOGIN option, it wasn't. I was out of options when I remembered to check
> if there is a VALID OPTION option set. For my surprise, it wasn't exposed by
> \du or even \du+.
>
> Is there any reason why it is not exposed?

Oversight.

> What about exposing that information in attributes or even in a
> separate column? It could help troubleshooting quickly on this case.

I don't know how frequently people use VALID UNTIL, but I'm guessing
it's not terribly often because yours is the first comment about how
it's not exposed, so I'd tend toward putting it in attributes rather
than a separate column.

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!