Re: Problem with pg_upgrade 9.0 -> 9.1 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Problem with pg_upgrade 9.0 -> 9.1
Date
List pgsql-general
Thomas Kellerer wrote:
> Thomas Kellerer, 17.09.2011 12:32:
> > I was trying to upgrade my Postgres 9.0 installation using pg_upgrade. Running it first with --check revealed no
problems.

> > The when I did the actual migration, the following happened:
> >

> > Mismatch of relation id: database "dellstore", old relid 83613, new relid 16530
> > Failure, exiting
> >

> I now got the same error (alas with a different relation id) while
> migrating a completely different data directory.
>
> Anything I can do to help find the reason for this problem (or bug?)
>
> Unfortuantely the data contains some confidential information so I
> cannot make it available.

This bug was fixed just after 9.1.1 was released.  The bug is that
Windows doesn't properly pass the right flags for the oid set functions
to operate.  If you can compile the git 9.1.X current, the fix is in
there;  the fix will be in 9.1.2.