Re: Column Privileges: NULL instead of permission denied - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: Column Privileges: NULL instead of permission denied
Date
List pgsql-general
* Matthew Hawn (matthewh@donaanacounty.org) wrote:
> I have a table with privileged data that is restricted using column level
> permissions.  I would like to have single query  that returns data from the
> table.  If the user has permission, it should return the data but return
> NULL if the user does not have permission.   I do not want to create
> separate queries in my application for different users.

I think you'll have to build the query in the application to either have
the NULL or not have it.  If you try to reference it in the query, PG is
going to give you that permission denied error and I don't think there's
an easy way to change that (and I'm not sure that we'd want to...).

    Thanks,

        Stephen

Attachment