Re: Problem with sql ant task - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From ml-tb
Subject Re: Problem with sql ant task
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Hi,

first: This is not a PostgreSQL or JDBC issue.

some points to remember:

- in ANT the '$' starts a property reference
- functions/triggers/... in JDBC context ist a little bit tricky

for the first point: Have a look at the ANT manual :-).

The second point is implmentation specific. Many Java SQL script
executors splits a scrips in single statments to send them one after
another. But how to detect procedure definition what as one statement?
The procedure langugage is DB specific. No chance for a generic parser.
The solution "Send the whole procedure definition as one statement" does
not work in this environment and especialy not with the ANT task 'sql'.

Bye Thomas