Re: pgsql: In pg_upgrade, check there are no prepared transactions. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: pgsql: In pg_upgrade, check there are no prepared transactions.
Date
List pgsql-committers
Thom Brown wrote:
> On 14 June 2011 19:42, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> > In pg_upgrade, check there are no prepared transactions.
>
> Out of curiosity, why would you check the new cluster for prepared transactions?

Yes, I was debating mentioning why I did that.  First, the new cluster
should be empty, so there is a procedural issue that if it isn't, they
probably did something wrong.  Second, I am worried that replying a
prepared transaction, now that transaction ids are now different
(remember we froze _everthing_) might not work, and I don't want to try
to find out that it works now and doesn't work later, to safety says to
just disallow it.