Re: Custom types and JDBC - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Custom types and JDBC
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wednesday, May 11, 2011 7:07:25 am mephysto wrote:
> This is the point!
>
> I would to know if an alternative of resultset exist to retrieve custom
> data types from postgres by jdbc.
>
> I explained me?

Not sure:) The information is in the server and the JDBC driver is external to
the server, so a query is involved. If I understand what you want is a query
that fetches the data types available in a server directly from the server
without parsing the results of arbitrary queries.  Not sure exactly what
information you are looking for, but the system catalog pg_type might be a
start.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com