Re: pgsql: Clarify that a non-specified precision NUMERIC has a very high r - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: pgsql: Clarify that a non-specified precision NUMERIC has a very high r
Date
List pgsql-committers
Robert Haas wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 11:55 AM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> > Clarify that a non-specified precision NUMERIC has a very high range.
>
> This is entirely redundant.  You've added "(when the precision is not
> specified)" but that's exactly what the word "otherwise" already
> conveys.

Right, but the old wording was:

      otherwise the current implementation of the <type>NUMERIC</type>
      is subject to the limits described in <xref
      linkend="datatype-numeric-table">.

I removed the extra "the", and I didn't think people were clear you
could just specify NUMERIC alone.  We know you can you can do things
like VARCHAR, but others will probably not realize it so I wanted to
explicity mention it.  Other wording?