Re: temp tables not dropping at end of script - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: temp tables not dropping at end of script
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Apr 06, 2011 at 09:12:55AM -0500, Davenport, Julie wrote:

> postgres 8.4 database).  When we get the error, if we try to drop
> the table at the command line, it says the table does not exist, yet
> we cannot rerun the script unless we stop and restart the database.

What if you stop your connection?  This sounds like under 8.0 you were
closing the connection (thereby ending a session), but that under 8.4
your connection isn't actually closing (so your session remains open,
so the temp table hangs around).

Andrew Sullivan
ajs@crankycanuck.ca