Re: Please Help me with connecting my PostgreSQL - Mailing list psycopg

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Please Help me with connecting my PostgreSQL
Date
List psycopg
On Thursday, March 31, 2011 5:54:34 am Lasntonpeng wrote:
> It's the first time that I can't find the answer about some tech problems
>
> Here's my problems:
> >>conn=psycopg2.connect(database="mydb", user="postgres",
>
> password="123",port=5433)
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
> psycopg2.OperationalError: could not connect to server: No such file or
> directory
>  Is the server running locally and accepting
> connections on Unix domain socket "/var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432"?

Two problems. The first is the one Karsten already mentioned about the difference
on ports. Second you have not specified a host so Psycopg is trying the local
socket. If you are trying to connect from a machine other than the other one
with the Postgres server it is not going to find the socket. Also the socket
connection may have a  restriction in pg_hba.conf that would prevent a
connection.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com