Re: How to add hosts to pg_hba.conf and postgresql.conf? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: How to add hosts to pg_hba.conf and postgresql.conf?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tuesday, March 15, 2011 1:33:48 pm general_lee wrote:
> Guys,
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> When I saw that netstat was not listening as *.5432 I decided to;
>
> svcadm disable svc:/application/database/postgresql_83:default_64bit
>
> Then;
>
> pg_ctl -D /var/lib/pgsql/data -l postmaster.log start
>
> This fixed the problem.
>
> You guys were right on the money, looks like restarting via smf was not
> picking up the config changes. So I guess they need to be made elsewhere in
> Solaris.

What it probably means is that this:

svc:/application/database/postgresql_83:default_64bit

is pointing  at a different instance of Postgres than this:

pg_ctl -D /var/lib/pgsql/data -l postmaster.log start

My guess is if you search for postgresql.conf and pg_hba.conf you will find more
than one copy of each and that the copies that are not in /var/lib/pgsql/data
are the ones being used for the svc start.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com