Re: Retrieve the column values of a record without knowing the names - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Achilleas Mantzios
Subject Re: Retrieve the column values of a record without knowing the names
Date
List pgsql-sql
Στις Wednesday 16 February 2011 18:18:19 ο/η arthur_info έγραψε:

> Hello,
>
> I've got the following function and I want to access the fields values of my
> record by index. The problem is that my select is retrieving each record
> line with all values and not each one of each row on my view... How can I
> solve this problem?

Well by your function, it seems that it does not do what you want.
You want to access the values of one row without knowing the names, but what you do
is create an array over the values of a *known* column.
Also where aluno = ''3043'' does not make any sense either.

Anyways, you might want to look at database metada as found in the information_schema.
For a start you might want to look in information_schema.columns