Re: XML Encoding problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Radosław Smogura
Subject Re: XML Encoding problem
Date
List pgsql-general
I may write some patch, actually text mode will not be affected, becuase it's
text mode, and patch will fail if client encoding is "reacher" then server
(one possiblity in this situation is to XML-encode to client encoding, text-
rencode to server encoding)

But looking at code same thing could occur with binary recv. I saw there text
based XML conversion (it's altering XML in some way). According to doc I can
store XML in any encodign using binary mode.

I think if text conversion fails, then XML rewrite should occur, and all
unparsable character should be converted to XML entities...

Actually it's XML, not varchar with parsing :)

Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> Wednesday 09 February 2011 23:29:29