REVIEW: Determining client_encoding from client locale - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject REVIEW: Determining client_encoding from client locale
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Greetings,

* Peter Eisentraut (peter_e@gmx.net) wrote:
> I have adjusted your old patch for the current tree, and it seems to
> work.  I think it was just forgotten last time because the move to
> PQconnectdbParams had to happen first.  But I'll throw it back into the
> ring now.

Right off the bat, I don't like that you removed the references to SET
client_encoding from the documentation, that strikes me as a good thing
to keep, though it could go under the client_encoding varname
documentation that you added.

Also, do we really need a new set of states for this..?  I would have
thought, just reading through the patch, that we could use the existing
OPTION_SEND/OPTION_WAIT states..

I'll be going through the patch in more detail, testing, etc, and will
probably go ahead and do the documentation/comment updates myself,
unless someone cares.
Thanks,
    Stephen