Re: Understanding PG9.0 streaming replication feature - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Matthias Müller
Subject Re: Understanding PG9.0 streaming replication feature
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Ben,

load balancing is not possible with the tools that are in the postgres
installation. There is no automatic switch-over to a slave if the master
fails. The trigger file needs to be created to make a slave to the master. This
is not done automaitcally by postgres, but should be done by a cluster
software (i.e. pacemaker).

If you can live without load balancing, read the page of Satoshi.

But the slaves can handle read requests (SELECT). Maybe this helps a little
bit.

Regards
Matthias