From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Setting connection parameters via some kind of client configuration file @ the command line
Date
List pgsql-general
On Monday 20 December 2010 4:42:57 pm Wells Oliver wrote:
> Hello all- I am using psql from the command line in an Ubuntu
> environment, and I'd like to setup (if possible) some sort of client
> configuration for myself that sets some environment variables, mainly
> client_min_messages. Is there a way to do this?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Wells Oliver
> Developer, Baseball Systems
> San Diego Padres | 100 Park Boulevard | San Diego CA 92101

From here:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/interactive/app-psql.html
"Unless it is passed an -X or -c option, psql attempts to read and execute
commands from the system-wide psqlrc file and the user's ~/.psqlrc file before
starting up. (On Windows, the user's startup file is
named %APPDATA%\postgresql\psqlrc.conf.) See PREFIX/share/psqlrc.sample for
information on setting up the system-wide file. It could be used to set up the
client or the server to taste (using the \set and SET commands). "

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com