Connection limits and MS Access? - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Benjamin Smith
Subject Connection limits and MS Access?
Date
Re: Connection limits and MS Access?  (Mike Toews <mwtoews@gmail.com>)
Re: Connection limits and MS Access?  (Arnaud Lesauvage <arnaud.listes@codata.eu>)
List pgsql-odbc
Server PostgreSQL 8.4 / 64 bit
Client MS Access 2007
ODBC driver 8.4.200

In order to support one of our clients, we've set up ODBC access to our
database server, and the contract specifies a single ODBC database connection.
We've enabled ODBC and gotten started, but Access seems to want to open a
database connection for each linked table - hardly beneficial!

We've tried enabling connection pooling for the PG ANSI driver (the one client
is trying to use) to no avail - as soon as we try to set up a 2nd linked
table, we get an error about connection limits.

Is there a way to force Access (or the ODBC driver) to reuse one connection
rather than opening multiple connections?

-Ben

believed to be clean.