Re: testing plpython3u on 9.0beta2 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: testing plpython3u on 9.0beta2
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

> >> FWIW, the last bump has led to a lot of testing of pgupgrade.
>
> > And fixes, that will appear in 9.0 beta3.  :-)  Most fixes were related
> > to platform compile portability.
>
> Well, if you think that pg_upgrade has changed materially since beta2,
> that would be a good argument for getting some fresh testing for it,
> which in turn argues for doing the catversion bump here.

Attached are the changes since beta2;  they are pretty minor.  The good
news is I think all reporters eventually got it working.  I assume using
it for beta3 would allow it work even better, and once you have use it
once, using it again is simple.

/check.c
/dump.c
/function.c
/option.c
/pg_upgrade.c
/pg_upgrade.h
/version.c
/version_old_8_3.c
                                                                       momjian
 Have pg_upgrade create its output files in the current directory, rather
 than in a subdirectory of the $HOME directory, or $TMP in Windows.

---
/pg_upgrade.h
                                                                       momjian
 Update pg_upgrade C comment about cwd.

---
/pg_upgrade.h
/relfilenode.c
                                                                       momjian
 Properly define pg_upgrade global variable, per bug report from Chris
 Ruprecht on Mac (64 bit).

---
/option.c
                                                                       momjian
 Fix storage of getopt() return, should be 'int', for pg_upgrade.

 Steve Singer

---
/tablespace.c
                                                                       momjian
 Fix pg_upgrade to remove malloc(0) call.

---
/dump.c
/option.c
/pg_upgrade.h
/server.c
                                                                       momjian
 Fix pg_upgrade's use of pg_ctl on Win32 to not send command and sever
 output to the same file, because it is impossible.

 Also set user name for pg_dumpall in pg_upgrade.

---
/check.c
/pg_upgrade.c
/server.c
                                                                       momjian
 Add username designations to all pg_upgrade utility calls that support it.

---