Re: COPY command and required file permissions - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: COPY command and required file permissions
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Friday 25 June 2010 6:07:35 pm Bruno Scovoli Santos wrote:
> * Are you connecting to the database as a superuser to run the COPY
> command? *
>
> Yes. This \copy command is in the database build script (create table
> blablabla....). So it almost (I think) must have to be a superuser.
>
> But hey, my intent was just to guide the guy (Harold A. Giménez Ch.) to
> follow my practice (to use a preceding backslash). I dont bother to have to
> add that preceding backslash in my script. ;-)

Actually my question was directed to Harold, I put my reply in the wrong place.
In any case COPY and \copy are different commands. COPY is done from the
server's perspective, \copy from the clients. Hence the permission issues will
be different. See below for more detail.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/interactive/sql-copy.html
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/interactive/app-psql.html

--
Adrian Klaver