Re: functional call named notation clashes with SQL feature - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: functional call named notation clashes with SQL feature
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On m?n, 2010-05-31 at 18:23 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > My feeling is that (a) there is no hurry to do anything about an
> > unreleased draft of the standard, and (b) perhaps Peter could lobby
> > the committee to change the standard before it does get published.
>
> Given that Oracle and DB2 already support that syntax in released
> products, and I'm not even a member of any relevant body, that seems
> pretty much impossible.

With beta2 being wrapped today, we are going to be releasing ':=' as our
method for function parameter assignment, but also with the likely
outcome that we are going to need to support '=>' very soon.

Are we sure we want hstore compatibility to drive this decision?

http://enterprisedb.com