Re: auto_explain causes regression failures - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Takahiro Itagaki
Subject Re: auto_explain causes regression failures
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:

> With the following settings
>
>     custom_variable_classes = 'auto_explain'
>     auto_explain.log_min_duration = 0
>     auto_explain.log_format = 'xml'
>     auto_explain.log_analyze = on
>     auto_explain.log_verbose = on
>     shared_preload_libraries = 'auto_explain'
>
> I am getting regression failures on the rowtypes, transactions and
> arrays tests. Diff file is attached. I'm going to look into it, but if
> anyone has a good idea what's going on please speak up ASAP.

Thank you for the bug report.  Auto_explan tries to explain the query
even if it is failed, but schema objects that are created in the same
transaction might not be available. "cache lookup failed" erros can be
avoided if auto_explain skips explaining queries in aborted transactions.

The attached patch will fix the bug, but I'm not sure whether this usage
of TransactionBlockStatusCode() is sane. Comments or better ideas?

Regards,
---
Takahiro Itagaki
NTT Open Source Software Center