Re: Listen / Notify - what to do when the queue is full - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Listen / Notify - what to do when the queue is full
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> * Don't really like pg_listening() as a name. Perhaps pg_listening_to()
> or pg_listening_on() or pg_listening_for() or pg_listening_channels() or
> pg_listen_channels()

BTW, I used pg_listening_channels() for that.

> * I think it's confusing that pg_notify is both a data structure and a
> function. Suggest changing one of those to avoid issues in
> understanding. "Use pg_notify" might be confused by a DBA.

I didn't change that.  The data structure is PGnotify, which seems
enough different from pg_notify to not be a real serious problem.
There is a duplication with the $PGDATA subdirectory pg_notify/,
but that one is not a user-facing name, so I thought it wasn't
really an issue.