Re: Large Objects and Replication question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tatsuo Ishii
Subject Re: Large Objects and Replication question
Date
List pgsql-general
> Does anyone know of a replication solution that can handle large
> objects? Preferrably on a per database rather than per cluster basis.

pgpool-II can handle large objects. However you need to use newer API
of libpq to create large objects:

Oid lo_create(PGconn *conn, Oid lobjId);

I'm not sure Java or some other languages support the equivalent API
though.

You cannot use old API lo_creat() since it relies on OID, which
pgpool-II does not guarantee OIDs can be replicated.
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan