Re: WIP: pushing parser hooks through SPI and plancache - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: WIP: pushing parser hooks through SPI and plancache
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

> It turns out that this typedef is needed in two relatively low-level
> .h files: nodes/params.h and utils/plancache.h.  My original idea had
> been to define the hook typedef in parser/parse_node.h where struct
> ParseState is defined.  But that would have required pulling a boatload
> of parser headers into these two .h files, which seems like a bad idea
> (it might even lead to circular includes).  For the moment I've worked
> around this by putting the typedef into nodes/params.h itself, but I
> can't say I find that a pleasing solution.  Has anyone got a better
> idea?  Should we make a parser/something header that just provides that
> typedef?

Hmm ... if you create the new include file, is that going to avoid
having to include params.h in plancache.h?  If not, I don't think
there's much point in having a new file (other than the typedef just not
fitting in params.h).